Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm Not Ready For This

On the way home from picking Max up at school today he showed me an envelope that a girl gave him at school. I asked who it was from and he replied, "It's from Tracy, mom. She's my new girlfriend. We love each other." WHAT? You "LOVE" each other? "Yeah...she loves me," he says, "And I now love her too."

As I'm trying to find the words to say, I ask him "What about Emma?" (Emma is the girl he has been talking about non-stop since the beginning of school.) He then says to me, "Yeah, I ended it with her. I ended it with all my girlfriends. Plus, Emma and I were never more than just friends."

OK....at this point I'm thinking:

#1 You "ended it with her????" What was there to end? You're in the first grade for crying out loud!

#2 "ALL" your girlfriends? What the? How many can you have at age 6? You mean it starts that early...where one isn't enough?

#3 "Never more than just friends?" I don't want him thinking about MORE of anything!


I decided to put those thoughts on the back burner and instead ask him if he knew what was in the envelope. With a huge grin he looks at me and says, "I don't know mom...let's find out!"

I must point out that the envelope is covered in hearts and starts and says on the front, "By Tracy. I love you Max" with Max written in the center of a big red heart. Here is the letter that was inside:


In case you can't read it, it says "I love Max. I want to kiss him on the lips. By Tracy." I think it's a picture of Max in the big heart and you can't really tell in the pic but the "cloud" to the right of the big heart is actually her lip stamp! Can I remind you that he is in FIRST GRADE and he already has girls putting on lipstick and kissing paper for him! I quickly remind him that it's not a good idea to be kissing girls at his age, to which he replies, "I know mom!" (With a cocky look on his face)

I have to be say, I'm being a little dramatic. Both Scott and I think it's actually funny. Scott's first response was, "WOW...I never got that in the first grade." He's now wearing like a badge of honor. I'll be honest though, I still don't know that I'm quite ready for this!

2 comments:

MKHKKH November 15, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Are you kidding me?!?! Wow. I would be totally freaked out! LOL

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP