Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Western Boys

A while ago I did a photo shoot for Lifeway. They are a Christian company that does, among many other things, Vacation Bible School curriculum (or VBS).  They have been a client of Scott's for a long time and at some point one of the guys Scott works with, Gordon, saw some photos I took of the kids on Facebook. Gordon asked Scott who took them and after he shared with him that I took them and actually did photography on the side, Gordon asked me if I could take some photos of my boys for this years VBS! I was completely honored that they would ask me to do it and it's really cool to have the boys photos all over the VBS stuff. Although I took the photos a while ago, I couldn't post them until now because the theme for VBS is a top secret deal until the big reveal each year. This years theme is "Saddle Ridge Ranch" so they wanted western themed pics of the kids with a "big sky" Montana feel. 

I have to tell you that the first day we went out, I found this great location but it was really windy so the boys both refused to even get out of the car! I was NOT pleased (OK, I was seriously disappointed...Oh alright, I'll admit it, I was down right mad!) but I've learned that you can't "force" kids to take pics or they just don't come out good. The next time we went out it was still a little windy but they actually made it out of the car. Truth be told, I had to throw a little mom guilt out there to make it happen, but I wasn't going home empty handed two times in a row! The boys ended up having a lot of fun and I was really happy with how they did. They just look so cute! I know this is a lot of pic's but I just couldn't narrow it down anymore....I have a problem with that! : )
Lifeway ended up only using one pic (the last one in the list) but I will cherish all of them forever!

1 comments:

Ms. E March 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I LOVE THESE. And remember, you can get a kid to do anything with a little help from a place I like to call McDonalds.... Hahahah

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP