Monday, March 1, 2010

What A Whirlwind Weekend!

So...the reason I've fallen behind on posts is because Feb 28th (Sunday) was my birthday. I turned the big 4-0!!! I knew that Scott had a surprise up his sleeve but I wasn't quite prepared for all of the surprises. It started on Wednesday while Titus and I were enjoying lunch together. Scott calls me up and says, "you need to come to Staples. They have a desk for Titus' room that you're gonna want." You see, I've been searching for desks for the kids so it totally made sense. I asked him to just take a picture on his phone and send it to me but he said his camera wasn't working. So, I loaded Titus up in the car and off to Staples we went.  As soon as I got there, Scott pointed out some random desk to me which I had seen last week. As I began to tell him that the desk was a piece of junk and totally broken, I heard a voice behind me ask, "Can I help you with something?" I didn't even look at the lady. I just responded "No....we're good." She then asked, "Are you sure?" I turned around, completely annoyed, to tell her again that we were "all good" and then I noticed it was CARA!!!  I screamed and gave her a big hug. Then I turned around and our other friend CJ was behind me. It was an AWESOME surprise! I cried. I couldn't believe they flew out all the way from Florida to spend my birthday weekend with me. I love them!

Then on Saturday, Cara and I went out with all of my sisters for lunch and mani's & pedi's. It was so much fun. When we got back to my sister Katie's house there was a note on the door that told me to go straight upstairs to Katie's bedroom and not to ask any questions.  When I got up to Katie's room there was a Hawaiian dress and accessories laid out on her bed. Hawaiian music was playing and there was a note on the dresser that told me to put on the dress and that a car would be there to pick me up in 20 minutes and that Scott would call me. Needless to say, I was freaking out!!! So I put the dress on and Scott called me a few minutes later and said to grab my purse, go downstairs and that a car was waiting for me outside. I started to panic because I thought we were headed somewhere like the airport and I started to wonder what was up with my kids? Had he packed for me? What the heck is going on???  I'm a TOTAL planner so not knowing was REALLY hard for me. But he finally convinced me to leave the bedroom and as I stepped out the door, I looked downstairs and all my family and friends were there and yelled "SURPRISE!" It was AWESOME! I was completely floored! 

It was such an amazing party and night! I really have the best husband in the world! Then, as if it couldn't get any better, Scott's present to me is a trip to Kauai! We are going March 28th- April 3rd. A whole week without the kids! WOO HOO!!! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband, family and friends. Thanks to all of you who helped to make my 40th birthday SO SPECIAL! I love you all!!!   : )

0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP