Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nothing Like A Trip To Children's Hospital

At least this time it wasn't for my kids! On Friday night we had some friends, Mitch and Rachel and their two kids Ryan and Emma, over for dinner. At some point, right before we sat down to eat dinner, Emma fell and cracked her head on our coffee table. The poor thing was bleeding all over the place. All of us adults began to estimate the size of the gash and make phone calls and send e-mail pics of her wound to doctors in the family in trying to decide if she needed to go to the hospital. We finally decided that either stitches or surgical glue was definitely in her future. So, off to the hospital Mitch and Emma went. She ended up needing 4 stitches. Luckily, the cut was right in her eyebrow line so it will hopefully heal up and be hidden under her hair.

While Mitch was at the hospital we actually discussed the fact that we have not had much luck with getting together for dinner. The first time was at their house and Titus fell head first into their fish pond. No hospital trip was involved but it's never good when your kid nearly drowns in fish water. I'm just sayin'...... I also recall one other time, Rachel injured her ankle while walking home (we won't discuss how that happened though) : )

Anyhoo....Yesterday, Rachel needed to take Emma back to Children's to get the stitches removed. Mitch is out of town for work so she asked if I could come with her for moral support and, of course I went with her. I mean, my coffee table impaled her kid in the eye. It's the least I could do! I felt so bad for little Emma. She is just the cutest thing!  All went well though. She cried a little but that's to be expected. In my opinion she was pretty mellow, compared to Titus who was an absolute freak show when he had to get his stitches taken out. She really is one tough little cookie! I was so proud if her. Oh yeah, and mom did good too! : )

0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP