Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rainbow Cloud

We just spent the most amazing weekend up in Steamboat Springs celebrating my parents 25th wedding anniversary. (I will post some pics of that soon) But on the way home I saw one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in my life! We had just passed through the Eisenhower tunnel and as we were coming through Loveland we looked up in the sky to see this oddly swirled cloud. It was like it had been dry brushed in the sky and it was filled with rainbow colors. No actual arch of a rainbow anywhere in sight...just this one swirling cloud filled with radiant rainbow colors. We all just stared at in in awe. I finally thought, "Holy cow, I need a picture of this!" The only thing close to me was my iPhone so I tried getting a pic as quick as I could. Unfortunately, we passed most of it by the time my camera was ready to click but you can still see the tips of it over the mountain as we passed. It was truly remarkable and probably one of THE coolest things I have ever seen in the sky in my entire life!

God, your creation is amazing!

2 comments:

MKHKKH July 28, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

That picture is amazing, I can't imagine it looked better! I have never seen or heard of that happening. Maybe a sign of good things to come!

MKHKKH July 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Ok so I am a total dork and had to look it up. Pretty rare deal you saw!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/06/060619-rainbow-fire.html

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP