Friday, August 13, 2010

Max Can Swim!!!

At the beginning of the summer I signed the kids up for swim lessons. Titus did really well and is basically a little fishy! Every time we get to the pool he spends the entire time under the water and hardly gets out....he LOVES the water! Max, on the other hand, is a different story.

Max has always been afraid of the water, but I knew he needed to know how to swim. Lessons didn't go so well for him. He would basically spend most of the time clung to the edge of the pool and then if his instructor tried to get him to put his head under the water he would go ballistic and start crying and freaking out. Eventually, he would just get out of the pool and beg me to never make him go back. I decided to cancel the swim lessons and teach them myself!

We got a small above ground pool at our house which really helped Max get comfortable with being in water everyday. Then, my aunt Kathleen, was gracious enough to let us come out to her pool at her house as much as we wanted this summer. Just when we were thinking "Maybe next summer he'll get his head under the water..." it happened! He just decided to give it a try and he was OK! No water got in his ears....he was fine! And now, he's swimming! Well, not like in the deep-end on his own kind of swimming, but swimming! 

Here's his first time:


I don't want it to sound like I'm not proud of Titus, because I am. Swimming just came so naturally to him and the kid has no fear. I'm just so proud of Max for overcoming one of his biggest fears! ....Now to get him over his fear of dogs and we'll be good to go! ; )

Here's some other pics of Titus and the cousins that were all with us that day......(sorry, I didn't get pics of everybody)

Thumbs up Max!
Titus...my little fish!
Kar Kar
Shug-a-woog
Corrin (Butter girl)
Mr. just chillin'
and Ray Ray asleep : )

Our time at the pool is almost over : ( School is about to begin next week, but it's been an awesome summer and I already can't wait 'til next year!

0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP