Thursday, June 3, 2010

Little Gnome


This past weekend our friend told us a story and I just have to share it with you. Some of you may find this story horrific. Some of you may find this story absolutely funny. I'll admit, I find it both horrific and funny. Honestly, I'm still just in shock, and not quite sure if I should laugh or not???  I actually *gasped* and covered my my mouth when he told it to me! You may even wonder if this story is true? I assure you that this is, in fact, TRUE. 

So my friend, has a friend....sorry, I know that's annoying to start the story like that but that's the best way to say it. Let's say this friend of a friends name is....Betty. (I'll try to protect the innocent...and not so innocent here) Betty lives north of Denver....like REALLY north. Betty also has an, extremely autistic son we'll call Bob. Bob is 15 years old but he's big. I mean like 6 foot tall, 250 lbs BIG and he has a lot of mental issues. 

Betty needed to go to the store to buy some food and she never leaves Bob alone so she was trying to convince him to go with her. Bob was adamantly refusing to go and after a a while of going round and around she decided to let him stay home while she went alone. She told Bob that she would only be gone 10-15 minutes and she gave him explicit instructions to stay in the house and just watch T.V.

So, off Betty went to the store and she returned 15 minutes later as planned. All seemed well. Nothing was out of place. Betty asked Bob how it went and if anything had happened while she was gone. Bob said everything was fine. However, a few minutes passed and Bob said, "Actually, one thing happened while you were gone." Betty replied, "Oh yeah? What?" Bob said, "I caught a little gnome!" "You what?" asked Betty. "I caught a little gnome!" said Bob again. As Betty was trying to figure out in her mind what in the world Bob could be talking about, Bob asked, "Do you want to see him?" "Sure?" Betty said.

Bob then proceeded to take Betty downstairs to the basement and unlock the closet door to find an actual, real "little person" inside! He was a government census worker who had come to the door and Bob thought he was a "little gnome" so he scooped him up, took him down into the basement and locked him in the closet!!! 

Can you say Silence of The Lambs!?!? I'm sure this guy was thinking, "I've come to Hannibal Lecter's house!"  I know I would be thinking that I was gonna die in that basement! Of course the mother was absolutely mortified and extremely apologetic. And the census worker was beyond angry (to say the least!) Bob was such a big kid that he didn't have a chance. I know that the mom tried to explain her sons condition to the man and that he was really mad but, I'm sorry to say, that I have no idea what happened next. I don't know if the census guy pressed charges or if the police were called. That's all our friend knew at the time. I hope the little person was able to forgive the 15 year old kid. Who knows....I just had to share the crazy with you!

2 comments:

Ms. E June 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

OMG OMG OMG TEXTING YOU NOW. CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!

MKHKKH June 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Wow is about all I can say.

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP