Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Am A Broken Woman

Today, after picking Titus up from school, we came home and I asked him what he wanted for lunch. He said he wanted Tuna fish (which he likes with ranch dressing mixed in) but I said I didn't want to make it for him. The reason I didn't want him to have it is because every time I make it, he eats about a tablespoons worth and wastes the rest...so I said "no". He totally freaked out and started whining and crying and saying I was "being mean" so I tried to explain to him that I just didn't want him to waste food. He wasn't havin' it! He kept pestering me!

I must add that I had absolutely no patience due to last nights "kiddy-freak-fest" which involved Max kicking Titus in the head, then getting a time out for it and while he was in time out he screamed at me, for which he then in turn got a spanking. Then Titus Spilled an entire glass of milk because he was screwing around at the table and actually managed to spill upward all over his head, face, his entire body, across the table and down onto floor! Then, about an hour after his dad left, he decided to go atomic meltdown and cry for his daddy (for no apparent reason-even he didn't know why he wanted him). The evening was ended by Titus crying from "mystery pains" in his side....needless to say, I wasn't going for any form of freak-show today!

After we talked about the Tuna and my reasons for not wanting him to eat it...and honestly, he pestered me a little more, I gave him an option: The only way I would let him eat it is if he ate half of it now, and the other half with dinner tonight or for lunch tomorrow. He agreed.

I'd like to add that I was fully prepared for him to sit there as long as it took for him to eat ALL half of that Tuna....I didn't care if it took him a week and turned green!

So later
(about a half hour after he ate lunch)...Scott informed me of the conversation he had with Titus :

Scott: So I see you got tuna.

Titus: Yeah...

Scott: How'd that happen?

Titus: I just kept asking her.

Scott: So...you broke her?

Titus: (With a very cocky smirk on his face) Yeah...I broke her!

Thus, the title of this post. I am a broken woman...

3 comments:

Anonymous,  December 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

This post made me sad. I guess I take for granted all the love and support you show me. You and Scott have a lot of stress on your shoulders raising two growing boys, yet you still reach out to tons of teenage boys every week. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am praying for peace in your household beyond understanding. I would really enjoy watching the kids for free if you guys want to have a date night you deserve it. I miss my little brother so I really wouldn't mind lol

Chrysti December 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Awww...don't be sad Rob! I actually meant for it to read kinda funny...kinda? You'll understand one day when you have kids that they can just wear you down and well... break you. But you get back up and move on. It's all good....I'm not "broken" anymore. : )

Anonymous,  December 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

yeah the part where i imagined titus saying that made me laugh. but the first part sounded stressful lol

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP