Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm a Sucker For Film Scores

It's true. I totally LOVE film scores! Some of my favorite composers are Danny Elfman, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner. But my absolute favorite is Hans Zimmer. His score for The Gladiator is, hands down, one of THE BEST pieces of music ever created!

You see, I'm currently working on a yearly DVD that I put together for my family. I compile slide shows, set to music, of all the events that took place over the last year. It's my gift to the family each Christmas. Each year it seems to get bigger and bigger and this years project is no exception. I'm currently up to 20 slide shows! Needless to say, I end up listening to A LOT of music in the process trying to find just the right song to fit the mood for the event. While going through my music collection I usually end up listening to some of my favorites just for fun.

I have to tell you, that the last three songs of The Gladiator soundtrack are compiled of these songs:

Elysium
Honor Him
Now We Are Free

And they make up one amazingly moving giant piece of music. I can't believe I actually found it on You Tube. I guess I'm not the only person on the planet that thinks so! If you have time, listen to this with headphones on and blast it! Get ready to have an emotional explosion of the spiritual kind with this one! It's AH-MAY-ZING!!!! If you don't own it...Go and buy the soundtrack! NOW!


0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP