Monday, January 11, 2010

Little Jonah


TWO things you need to notice about today's "Pic O The Day"

First: To the right side of the giant cement pillar is a little dude named Jonah. It's kinda hard to see but he's dressed in full Spider-Man gear....boots and all. AWESOME.

Second: Please note the drain pipe that is in the bottom center of the giant cement pillar.

Everyday, when I go to pick Titus up from kindergarten, I get to experience little Jonah. (You see Jonah's older brother is in Titus' class)  Some days it's pretty uneventful and others include him licking snow off of metal benches in sub-zero conditions and I have flashes of the scene from A Christmas Story running through my head and expect to be calling the fire department at any minute!

Today was....how should I put this....a "silently" eventful day. Oh, something happened but I was the only one that saw it.

You may now refer back to the drain pipe sticking out of the giant cement pillar. I was standing a short distance away from the pillar and Jonah's mom (and Jonah) were standing right next to the pillar. His mom was having a heated discussion with another mom. I say "heated" not in the bad, argumentative way but more in the deep, not paying attention to her son at all, way. Jonah quickly took liberty of his unsupervised situation and began picking up sticks and shoving them up inside the drain pipe. He then proceeded to pull them out and started curiously looking up inside the pipe. As I'm standing there watching him I could almost see that in his mind the scum infested water dripping out of the pipe looked as good as ice cream. And shortly thereafter, as expected, he began to lick the freak water coming out if the drain pipe!!!!

As I'm standing there contemplating "Should I say something?" and thinking, "Please, just let his mom see this!"  His mom finally turns around and says (in a nice high-pitched mommy voice) "Oh honey, don't get near that water. That's yucky water!" Then she turns to the other mom and says "Oh, I hope he didn't get any of that on him."  And I'm thinking "ON him? Oh, honey try IN him! He's been sucking fecal water! Get ready for VOMITRON CENTRAL say....6 hours from now!?!?"

I know I'm probably a horrible person for not saying something but it all happened so fast and before I knew it, the damage was done and Titus was running out to meet me. I will probably get the "worst mother of the year" award for not saying anything, but I just couldn't. I'll have to let you know if Jonah is mysteriously not there tomorrow for some....unknown reason???? 

p.s. 
Oh and for those who might be asking....I actually took the picture after the incident. I had to sneak it in (you know like I was pretending to be doing something else on my phone) so I didn't look like some creepy stalker taking pictures of other peoples kids.

0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP