Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Things We Do For Love

I love my children more than words can say....and I would do anything for them. Without a doubt, I proved my love for them today by taking them to their school's winter carnival.  Oh, you may laugh, or think "What's the big deal?" but let me tell you something....it takes a lot of courage to enter into an small enclosed building where you're packed in like sardines with hundreds of elementary kids hopped up on lollipops and funnel cakes!!! 

Scott is out of town on a youth winter retreat so I was dreading having to do this by myself. Thank the Lord in heaven for my mom who graciously decided to go with me. I told her "Mom, you don't understand how crazy this thing is gonna be. Like kiddie-mayhem...are you sure you're up for that?" Thankfully, she could use a little more "kiddie-mayhem" in her life and decided to go with me!

You could almost feel the sugar buzz when you walked into the building...It was crazy! It was jam packed with people and totally chaotic but I must say, the kids had a blast. We switched off taking the kids to go and play games, make sand art, play put-put...you name it, we did it. 
 
Here's Titus just coming out of the giant inflatable obstacle coarse. That was his favorite part of the carnival and he ran through it many, many....many times...

 
This is a scarf that we bought for Max. The whole first grade class made scarfs to sell at the carnival and this is the one that he personally made. He's very proud of it!

Each time they played a game, they won a prize of some sort. Besides the scarf, (which we actually bought) we ended up with a whole pile of stuff that the kids will either:
A) never use
B) be bored with by tomorrow
C) will break in the next 24 hours

In the end, fun was had by all. But honestly, I'm glad I only have to do this once a year. So, until next year, crazy winter carnival -you bane of my existence....until next year....

0 comments:

The Family Unit

The Family Unit
My husband, Scott, and I have been together for 24 incredibly wonderful years! We have two children; our oldest son Max (A.K.A. Boog, Boogie or his full name Maximus when he's in trouble) and our youngest son Titus (A.K.A. Ti, T, Bird, T-Bird, Birdie or some other variation of the sort). Life with these three is absolutely amazing, terribly funny, franticaly busy, positively crazy and without question, never boring! I'm truly a blessed woman!

Our Books

Followers

AWARDS

AWARDS

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP